Friday, April 2, 2010

Train Journey part 2

Coming back to platform no. 7 of Kurla station, while I was waiting for my train yesterday, I saw one train carrying people from Panvel to CST for work. Thing that attracted my attention to that train was the ad printed all over it. It was the NSE ad saying “Engine that fuels a billion dreams”. It was a fitting tribute to that train engine carrying hundreds of people pursuing their dreams. Just when I was appreciating my sense of observation I was distracted by one couple who I bet is a case of extra marital affair. It is just the way they talk, look, and smile each other and the way people stare at them you can be sure that they are married but not to each other but still love each other! I make it a point to travel with them so that I can be a witness to their affair.
There are also some who have advice for Obama as to what should be his next step and how he should go about maintaining relations with India, Pakistan and Gulf. One more love story involves a gujju guy (I know he is a gujju as I have seen him laugh at a joke being shared by two gujjus sitting beside him) who boards the train from Kurla with his friend (who looks and sounds like a south Indian) and they are joined by one Maharashtrian girl (I know she is a maharashtrian as I have heard her talk on the phone with someone)) at chembur. Girl and that gujju guy say hi to each other and that is it. From then on the girl and that gujju guy would only talk to the other guy but never to each other. They get down at Nerul but between Chembur and Nerul I see them looking at each other at different points of time. One need not be the god of love to find out that they like each other but feel shy (a case very rare indeed nowadays, as sometimes people feel shy looking at couples!) talking to each other. And I have seen that other guy sometimes wink at the gujju guy as if asking him to talk to the girl but still I haven't seen them talk to each other apart from the daily 'hi". If you find this story interesting just give me a call I'll give you daily updates.
There are a couple of B-Schools that side whose students spend more time reading Economic Times than their textbooks (one reason why sales of Economic Times are increasing and number of pages getting Xeroxed is reaching new heights!). I forgot to mention a group of gujjus (five boys) who travel in the same train. I hate them more than I hate the dressing sense of Rakhi Sawant as I rarely hear them talking in gujju language. More than this I hate them because I heard one of them saying once "my daadi sends me messages in Gujarati, I find it so difficult to understand, it is just irritating and she wants me reply to it" with all his friends agreeing with him. Worst part is his daadi took the efforts to learn how to send a message, which very few would know of her age, to keep in touch with her grandson but that guy doesn't want to reply as he finds it boring and irritating.
You must have observed the posters that we see in trains which make tall claims but everyone knows that they are not genuine. Generally they would be of unknown companies but yesterday I saw one poster written with worst font possible, white background and third class quality of paper, it was of Barclays bank offering loans to people from 25k-5l with minimum documents required. Companies are spending money to build their brands and this company is spending money to destroy it. But one ad that I would never forget is the one that I saw last week where a pic of a bikini clad girl was pasted on the name of the company and along side written was the this ad "pay Rs.6000 for unlimited trading for three months and that too limited period offer"! I hope you enjoyed reading this post as much as I did experiencing and writing it. In case you want to be a part of it you can always join me at Kurla Station for the 08.03 train to Panvel!

1 comment:

  1. Part 2 of the Train Journey is more interesting..!! Unlike our movies where 2nd part is hardly noticed. Thanks for sharing your experience with us. I would love to catch 8.03 am Panvel train.. :-)

    ReplyDelete