Saturday, February 26, 2011

Hair fare

I get upset every time I go through the list of funny ads and see that the matrimonial ads rarely make it to the list. I feel most of the matrimonial ads are funnier than the funniest ads that we would have seen and suggest you go through these ads online or in newspapers; you will surely fall off your chairs laughing. But few days a go I found ads similar to these online albeit for a different reason i.e. for selling hair. One girl had posted something like “I will be cutting my hair…12.5 inches…silky…smooth…receive compliments for hair all the time…will cut it once the money is received!” This is a very good example of how internet is turning the tables in our normal life. On any other day one would go to salon have his/her hair cut pay for the service and leave, that was it. But now they are paid for doing the same thing! All you need to do is just upload a picture of your hair on site and let people start bidding for it. We all know how big this industry has become in south where devotees offer their hair and then it is exported to a number of countries. But earning money from selling hair online is something that I had never heard of. This whole thing does explain the logic behind Garnier’s tagline ‘Take care’ i.e. take care and get a good fare!

1 comment: